Getting an Up-to-Date Credit Report
Obtaining my up-to-date Credit Report in Lincoln
Building up a picture of your individual financial circumstances is the way that our Mortgage Advisors in Lincoln help to find the most suitable mortgage for you. To achieve this, we will always strongly recommend that you obtain a copy of your current credit report.
To do this, we recommend using the ‘Check My File’ report agency. It works by accessing data from the 4 main Credit Reference Agencies, providing a detailed insight into your credit profile. The data that is held may differ in some circumstances, depending on which agency you choose to use. This is why we recommend using Check My File so that we can analyse the data from all 4 agencies.
How to get your up-to-date credit report:
- Please use the Check My File credit report. You’ll receive a free 30-day trial, which can be cancelled at any time and is £14.99 a month afterwards.
- Upon following the link on the website, you will notice a button stating ‘see your multi-agency credit report for free’. When you click this button, you will need to enter the necessary information accompanied by the answers to the security questions asked.
- When you successfully login and can see your credit report, the next step is to scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will then notice an option to ‘Download Printable Version’. When you click this, you will see a download of your credit report available locally on the device that you are currently using.
- The downloadable PDF document will be password protected by your 6-figure date of birth (DDMMYY).
- Upon download completion, please send your credit report to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your date of birth.
The next step in the process depends on what type of device you choose to use to email your credit report to us i.e. Laptop PC, Android, iPhone. It can be a little more difficult sending your credit report from your mobile phone.
What happens when I send my Credit Report to a Mortgage Broker in Lincoln?
Our Mortgage Advisors in Lincoln with be able to go over your mortgage options with very accurately when they have reviewed your credit file and made contact with you.
As a knowledgeable Mortgage Brooker in Lincoln, our wealth of experience means that we can help with the different criteria set out by many lenders that we work with. Some of these are Specialist Lenders. If you require more information on this, please see our Specialist Mortgage Advice in Lincoln pages.
Whether you are a First Time Buyer in Lincoln or are looking to Move Home in Lincoln, our expertise, partnered with the information you have provided to us in your credit report will help us recommend the most suitable mortgage.
Book your free mortgage consultation today and speak to an expert mortgage advisor in Lincoln.